Bitwala offers the world’s first all-in-one platform combining a regular bank account, crypto wallets, and seamless Bitcoin & Ethereum trading options. Our customers can easily buy and sell Bitcoin & Ether - whether online or mobile - with fast liquidity directly from their bank account.
Customers in all 31 countries of the European Economic Area can access the benefits of a German bank account. Euro deposits up to €100,000 are protected by the German deposit guarantee scheme. Moreover, the account comes with a free debit Mastercard that can be used for contactless payments and free withdrawals at 40 million ATMs and POS’ worldwide.
Bitwala was founded in 2015 by Jan Goslicki, Benjamin Jones and Jörg von Minckwitz. Christoph Iwaniez and Philipp Beer joined the management team since then. The total team presently consists of more than 60 employees. Bitwala’s investors include Earlybird Venture Capital, coparion, Global Brain and Sony Financial Ventures, G1, High Tech Gründerfonds, ALSTIN, and the Digital Currency Group.
Lead and develop Bitwala’s HR Chapter to create and maintain a high-quality, respected HR and organisational development service which models and promotes a high-performance culture consistent with Bitwala’s core values. Represent Bitwala at external events and HR networking to keep Bitwala ahead of its competitors.
Accountable for high-quality HR services which promote business performance:
- Develop HR and Organisational Development strategy appropriate for a Venture Capital-backed SME during expansion
- Develop KPIs, HR data and reporting which translate into continuous HR and workforce improvement
- Develop and implement remuneration and performance policies to drive success
- Coach management on leadership style which promotes and maintains Bitwala’s values, culture and competitiveness
- Make bold people-related decisions where appropriate
- Define a employer branding strategy that effectively communicates the benefits of working in a cutting-edge and dynamic start up
- Counsel and guide C-Level, HR Manager and line managers on employee relations
- Lead on workforce development and operational HR projects
- Guide HR Manager in implementing lean HR processes and support her/his personal development
- Understand legal compliance landscape, able to elicit the clear guidance from lawyers to mitigate employer risks
- Write and review HR policies, procedures and guidance in clear English
- Work with CFO to control the HR and staffing budgets
- Challenge the C-Level where appropriate and propose paths to greater efficiency and success
- Manage recruitment partners relationships and help the company attract and hire
- Offer strategic input for the organisational structure and help implement and improve
- Facilitate management meetings
- Represent Bitwala at external events, e.g. during active sourcing events
- Promote Bitwala as an employer of choice outside of work and throughout networks